Monday, June 15, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything for everybody PART 1


Well here`s the next installment of Making Handmade Children`s Blankets..

Because I have such a Variety of Fabrics and Designs I`m going to concentrate on specific categories as the weeks go on.

This week I`ll show you some of the Blankets I can make for the Boys in your life.

Most little Boys in the age group of 4-8 have seen the Disney Movie "Cars" with the animated Stars Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater.

I have several fabrics to choose from with Cars as the theme.

This one is a Cotton Fabric and is a Tan background with a Road Map Design on the Background with the Streets and Towns featured in the Movie.

As you can see, Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater are also featured on this Fabric.

I then will edge the Blanket with a Red Satin Blanket Binding which really brightens it up and compliments the Red that is Lightning.

Then I have a Matchbox Rescue Vehicle Blanket with Fire Trucks, Hydrants and Dalmation Dogs on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Handmade-Matchbox-FIREMAN-ToddlerBlanket-36-x44_W0QQitemZ350173714772QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5187fad954&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A30

This is also made with a Cotton fabric..

And who can resist Sleepy Puppy Dogs ?

This Blanket is made using Snuggly Warm Flannel Fabric. Blues Clues look a like Puppies sleeping on a Fluffy White Cloud against a Navy Blue Background.
This one can be edged with either Blue or White Blanket Binding

http://cgi.ebay.com/Handmade-NEW-Flannel-Blanket-w-Blue-Puppies-36-x-44_W0QQitemZ350014707329QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item517e809681&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A30

This Bouncing Tigger Blanket is made using Cotton Fabric

And the Buzz Lightyear one is a Snuggly Flannel








And last but not least I have Care Bears. I`ve made Several different ones with Yellow and Dark Blue Backgrounds.

These are Cotton Fabrics and both were edged with Yellow Blanket Bindings
http://cgi.ebay.com/Handmade-Care-Bears-Crib-ToddlerBlanket-36-x44-NEW_W0QQitemZ350173716732QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5187fae0fc&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A30

All of these featured measure 36" x 44" which is Crib/Toddler Bed Size

So these are just a few of the Large selection of Boys designs that you can find in my ebay store

http://stores.ebay.com/KDMORE-CRAFTS-AND-MORE?refid=store

or in my etsy.com store http://www.etsy.com/your_shop.php

or in my Bonanzle store http://bonanzle.com/booths/kdmoretti

I do hope you`ll click onto one of the links and visit me at any of my on line stores

Looking forward to seeing you :>)

Next blog segment will feature Designs for little Girls.. Wait till you see some of these Adorable Blankets.

Till next time.. Remember- It takes more facial muscles to FROWN than it does to SMILE !

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to tell my friend about your blankets! Her son is either going through a Bob The Builder or a Thomas The Train thing...depends on his mood...LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the photo is too bid - I like seeing all the detail. Nice blankets, Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! I love your blankets. I tried to do this yesterday, but the 'puter was being bad again...LOL! I am tweeting the blog now,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete